I am sure you have heard about the importance of “curb appeal”, and know that first impressions are HUGE in real estate. Encouraging your clients to pay some attention to their curb appeal can greatly increase interest in your listings.
Here are some easy and virtually cost free things you can suggest:
- New Mulch – The fastest way to freshen up your landscaping is new mulch. Spread a layer of it all throughout your landscaped areas. This is inexpensive and requires very little time commitment.
- Colourful Flowers – An even better first impression can be made by planting some colorful flowers which will make your new mulch stand out even more.
- Hedges and Bushes – Trim any over grown plants and bushes.
- Weeds – there are most likely some weeds that have been ignored. Weeds growing in the sidewalk cracks can easily be taken care of.
- Windows & Screens – Make sure the windows are clean and in working order. Replace any screens that have been damaged.
- Gutters – Clean the rain gutters out
- Siding – Wash any dirt, mold or mildew from the siding.
- Shutters – Fix any shutters and repaint if paint is peeling
- Porches – Fix porch railings and steps and replace boards that may be rotting.
- Fences – Fix any broken fences, latches or hinges.
For a welcoming touch suggest that they hang a welcome sign on the front door!
Here’s to a successful Summer!